CRM Software for Estate Agents
From Mission Impossible to This Is How We Do It.
The Immowelt software estatePro is currently one of the three relevant providers of CRM solutions for marketing real estate in Germany.
The only problem: The Pro version of it is not yet offered as a cloud solution, but only as an on-premise version. Therefore, it is difficult to use it for mobile work, which is becoming increasingly important. Plus it's 25+ years old and starts looking and feeling like it a little bit. (Sorry) 😉
But! That is to be changed.
The initial goal was to lift this highly complex software into the cloud and give it a more modern and appealing look in order to remain competitive and win new clients.
This literally screams for some research. So here comes the story.
The Research Plan:
First - For historical reasons the Immowelt Software Division never had the benefit of user research based development. So although there is a lot of knowledge within the teams with close Kundenkontakt, it was clear, I had to do some Research ground work. As Real estate agents are really difficult and expensive to recruit, I initiated and executed the establishment of a Tester Pool, that could be used for interviews, studies and test on a regular basis. With the help of my marketing colleagues it finally became the InnovationLab. (20 people)
(Abb. Zeitplan / Abb. Logo)
In order to finding our path, helping the team generate initial understanding and establish priorities, we needed to find out:
• Who (which user groups) are using the existing software?
• Why, what for and how are they using it?
• What is their context of usage?
• Which functions and features are essential to them? / Which are dispensable?
• What problems and difficulties do they encounter in their work with the software?
• In Depth Interviews (IDIs) with 10 users
• Interviews with business stakeholders (Software Trainers, Sales, POs)
• (I would have loved to conduct Contextual Inquiries, but for pandemic reasons, it wasn't possible 🙁)
📌 We identified 4 groups of users:
• Assistances (Backoffice),
• Real estate agents/Field staff
• Decisive positions (such as managing directors, sales manager, etc.) and
• IT personell (configuring and maintaining the software)
📌 A well-functioning mobile version (web app) is already long overdue.
Identifying Use Cases (which ones?)
Changing approach from Domain driven / topical 1: 1 Übertragung von alt nach neu - hin zu use case bezogenen Ansatz, der relevante Funktionen für die mobile Arbeit zuerst berücksichtig und nach und nach mehr Funktionen integriert.
Problems occured /Verzögerungen / clients kündigten / weil too few manpower, zu langsamer Fortschritt